Friday 7 February 2014

To Go Beyond


      Stars weren't visible anymore after we'd entered the forest, though it was midnight. The canopy was thick and didn't let any light pass down. I barked an order to stop and be quiet. The pack obeyed. I knew I had heard something, but coldn't locate it. I come to a halt. Its smell is somewhat known to me. When I react, it's too... late? soon? It has been 10 years since we last met, in that windy night when my life changed, in the last day of -as it's called where we live- Na Laetha Geal M'Óige, "the bright days of my youth". It's still my youth, however, it only changed that it isn't bright anymore. Since I left to live with the wolves. They are my family, but he's kind of my family too. I miss him. It was especially the first year when it was the most noticeable, but what could I do? I'm a wolf, after all... family is my life.

     My best friend Seac told me to go beyond, this is, to continue my life. Of course not to forget him, she knows I can't, and I wouldn't if I could. I went directly to the shadow, barking furiously for not having shown before. It started running, with me chasing it. All the pack rested behind. When I began to approach, it tripped off with a branch and fell down, and I caught up. It was a guy, about two years older than me if I was human, he has a hood. Now I'm satnding on him, and as he tries to protect his face from my teeth with his arms, the hood slides down... and I freeze. I can't believe it's actually HIM. I stop my growling, maybe too soon for him but happiness flowing through me. I wonder wether he has forgotten my aspect. But, as my defense, there aren't any other white wolves with gray paws, a lighter shade of gray in the chest and blue eyes. How come he forgot me? Have I changed that much? Finally, he does, and a smile crosses his face.

     I leave him stand up, and he pats my head, passing afterwards to hug me. I just lay my head on his shoulder, not being able to do something else. He finally lets me go, and I sit down, looking up right into his eyes. Right then, the pack arrives, and Crann stands up, putting his paws in the shoulders.

     His eyes shine with happines tears. I tell the pack to have a deer, and to ignore anything that I do for I'll catch them up later; when they go I start howling all my feelings. My happiness for finding him, my sadness when I left him. I know he understands why Ieft him, and it wasn't easy neither for him to let me go, nor for me to leave him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)